- Race Info
- Run for Charity
- Get Involved
2. How do I know if my online entry worked? You will receive an email confirmation from ourselves and Netbanx, please retain both. You can see your entry using the check you’re in function on the website.
3. When do entries close? Entries close when we are full – check the website for updates.
4. Can you send me some entry forms? All entries are online.
5. Can I enter over the phone? No – please enter online.
6. I have moved house/changed address since entering; can I change my contact details? Yes. Click Here to amend your entry details. Your details may have been passed on for Race Pack production, this means that we cannot amend your address. Please arrange for collection or forwarding of your Race Pack when it arrives.
7. Can we pay / enter as a group / company? Yes, groups of 10 or more entrants can enter together and pay by one invoice, please email email@example.com to apply for a group entry.
8. Are there entries on the day of the race? No
9. What is the minimum age to enter the race?
For the Half Marathon participants will need to be 17 years of age on race day.
Adults and children can take part in the Green Park Challenge. Children must be at least 4 years of age, any children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a participating adult; both child and adult have to enter the race, otherwise this will lead to disqualification.
Please note that there is no upper age limit for any race.
10. Am I able to have a refund or deferral if I am unable to run?
No, there will be no refunds once you have entered the race and names cannot be changed on an entry.
We do offer deferrals to the following years event in the case of injury however this must be supported by a note from a doctor or physiotherapist.
You can apply for a deferral to the 2017 event via the website.
Free/competition entries are non-deferrable.
11. I am unable to run can I give my bib to someone else? No. Your running bib and number are unique to you and enable our safety team to access the personal details you have supplied to us quickly, if needed on the day. Giving your bib to another runner will result in both you and them being disqualified from this race and other Sweatshop races. UK Athletics rules state: Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.
12. Are you offering concession prices for entry this year? No. Unfortunately due to administrative difficulties we are unable to offer discounted entries other than those listed on the entry page (Affiliated or Wheelchair).
13. When will I receive the T-shirt that I ordered with my race entry? Your T-shirt will arrive with your race pack which will be posted to you at least two weeks before race day.
14. I didn't order a Technical T-shirt when I entered the race, can I order one now?
Yes. Click Here to amend your entry details and pay for the T-shirt.
Please Note: If your details have already been passed to the Race Pack supplier for processing you cannot amend your order. T-shirts will be available on Race Day from the Sweatshop retail tent in the Race Village which is open from 7am.
15. When will I receive the Car Park Pass that I ordered with my race entry? Your pass will arrive with your race pack which will be posted to you at least two weeks before race day.
1. When do I receive my race number? Race packs, including your race number/luggage tag, timing chip, parking permit (if ordered) and race guide will be sent to you at least two weeks before the race.
2. When will I receive the T-shirt that I ordered with my race entry? Your T-shirt will arrive with your race pack around two weeks before race day.
3. When do I receive my race number? Your race number and pack will be sent out at least two weeks before the event.
4. What happens if my race pack doesn't arrive in time? You will be able to pick one up on Saturday or Sunday from the helpdesk. The help desk is located inside the Millennium Hotel at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday (the day before the race) and in the Race Village on the day of the race. The help desk will be open between the hours of 10am & 4pm on Saturday & from 7am on Sunday.
5. What should I do if I lose my race number? If you lose your race number please visit the help desk on either Saturday or on Sunday to have another re-issued. The help desk is located inside the Millennium Hotel at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday (the day before the race) and in the Race Village on the day of the race. The help desk will be open between the hours of 10am & 4pm on Saturday & from 7am on Sunday. To have another pack re-issued you must bring proof of entry, this can be a confirmation email or bank statement.
1. What is the nearest train station to the race? The nearest train station to the start/finish area is Reading Station. This station is on the main line from London Paddington.
2. Free Shuttle Bus from Reading Station FREE shuttle buses will run between 6.45am and 4pm from the station to the Stadium and return, look for the directional signs as you leave the station. This service will be very busy so please give yourself plenty of time and be prepared to queue.
3. Can non-runners use the shuttle buses? Yes
4. Where can I park on race day? There is no parking at the stadium or on the surrounding roads – vehicles will be removed and the race delayed. If you have not pre booked a car parking space close to the stadium we suggest you use the town centre parking and travel on the shuttle buses. These are available to both runners and spectators.
5. When will parking be available to book? The official car parks are bookable when you enter the race. If ordered, you will receive the pass in your race pack.
1. Where is the race village? The Madejski Stadium, J11 M4, Reading, RG2 0FL
2. What time does the race village open? All facilities in the race village will open at 7am.
3. Can I park at the race village? No, there is no parking at the Stadium on race day.
4. Will there be meeting points at the finish for family and friends? Yes, alphabetical meeting points will be situated within the race village at the end of the finish funnel. A map of the Race Village with meeting point locations will be available before the race.
5. Is there anywhere to leave my bags while I'm running? On the race day a kit tent will be available; this will be situated in the race village. In your race pack (which will arrive 2 weeks before the event) you will find a kit tent label. Detach your kit tent label form your race bib and attach it to your kit bag, then hand it in. To retrieve your bag at the end of the race all you have to do is show your running number at the kit tent. (The organisers cannot accept responsibility for valuables left in the Kit tents).
6. Are there showers and changing facilities? There are no showers but there are changing facilities.
7. What other facilities are in at the race village? You'll find lots of activities and services in the race village including a Sweatshop retail tent, First Aid, food and drink, massage and physio, toilets, a help desk and a wide range of entertainment.
1. How long is the course? The Half Marathon course is 21K or 13.1miles.
2. What time does the race start?
The Half Marathon starts at 10:00am.
The Green Park Challenge starts at 8:30am.
3. Is there a pre race warm up? Yes at the start line, please get there early to take advantage of this.
4. How does the race start work? All competitors are issued with a colour coded race number that reflects their estimated finish time. You should only start in the allocated colour/time zone. This will help prevent you going too quickly or slowly at the start. Race results are done by gun time; however your time starts when you pass under the gantry and over the chip mats so don't worry if it takes a while to get through the start. Both your gun and chip time will appear in the results.
5. Are there water stations on the course? Yes there are four water stations which will be placed at approximately 3 mile intervals.
6. Running Surface The race is run on good tarmac roads until the finish straight inside the Madejski Stadium, the pitch is covered by track way which can be a little slippery if wet..
7. My trainings been going well/poorly and my estimated time does not reflect my current fitness levels should I start in a different zone? No please stick to your colour zone but move to the back or front of the zone depending on your fitness level.
8. Are pace makers available on course? There will be pace makers for runners wishing to run 1hr.20 and at five minute intervals until 2hr.30. Click here for more information.
9. Are there any first aid points on the course? Yes medical services will be located along the course (at every drinks station) and at the start and finish areas to ensure your safety.
10. Are toilets available on the course? Limited toilets are available at every drink station.
11. Is the course fully marshalled? Yes there are marshals at every road junction to ensure you go the right way and to cheer you on.
12. Is there entertainment around the course? Yes, in 2015 there were cheerleaders, bands and cheering points, look out for more of the same in 2016.
13. Is there a time limit on finishing the race? Yes we will close the course at 2pm – 4 running hours.
14. Will I get a medal at the finish? Yes. All Finishers in all races will get a medal. At the finish you will also receive water, sports drink, foil blanket and goodie bag.
15. Can I run in fancy dress? Yes. We do recommend practising in your costume beforehand.
16. Can I take part on a bike, stilts, roller skates, skate boards or pushing a buggy? Participants are not permitted to use any of the above or similar in the event and those attempting to do so will be prohibited from starting and may be forcibly removed from the course mid-race where necessary. Likewise, anyone attempting to start or join the race in any outfit that we, in our absolute discretion, deem unsuitable and/or dangerous to other competitors or spectators, will not be allowed to start the event or if on the course, may be forcibly removed from the event.
17. Can I take part in a day wheelchair? Yes, you can participate in a day wheelchair. Please enter via the website. We ask that day wheelchair users start towards the rear of the field so as not to impede any fellow participants.
18. Can I wear earphones/listen to music during the race? For health and safety reasons, earphones or any device which may impede hearing/listening to instructions both before and during the race are not allowed. Anyone seen wearing earphones will be asked to remove them and may be disqualified from the race.
19. When and where will the results be published? Provisional results will be available online on April 3rd on this website. They will also be printed in the Reading Chronicle in the week after the event.
20. Is entry for spectators into the stadium free? Yes
1. What time does the Green Park Challenge start? 08.30am
2. Is there a pre-race warm up for the Green Park Challenge? Yes at the start line, please get there early to take advantage of this.
3. Can anyone take part in the Green Park Challenge? Yes, adults and children can take part in the Green Park Challenge. Children must be at least 4 years of age, any children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a participating adult; both child and adult have to enter the race, otherwise this will lead to disqualification.
4. How long is the fun run? Its 3K or 1.86 miles.
5. Are there prizes? Yes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed male and females. There is also the Green Park Challenge Schools Challenge, click here for details.
1. How many people make up a team in the Corporate Challenge? A minimum four up to a maximum of eight people can make up a team.
2. Can the team be made up of any gender? Yes, you can have an all male team, an all female team or a mixed team.
3. How old do you have to be to take part in the Corporate Challenge? Participants need to be 17 years of age on race day.
4. Where's the meeting point? The Hilton Corporate Challenge meeting point is the Hilton Hotel Reading on Drake Way, RG2 0GQ.
5. What time should we get there? We advise that team members who are participating in the Green Park Challenge arrive at 7:30am to give enough time to check-in, drop their bag and make their way to the Start Line. Similarly we advise all participants in the Half Marathon to arrive by 9am.
6. What will I be given on the day? At registration you will be issued with your team’s race numbers. You will also get a wristband for each team member to access to the venue following the race for your hospitality.
7. Where can we leave our kit bags? There will be a dedicated bag drop at the Hilton Hotel for all Hilton Corporate Challenge participants.
1. What time do the roads start closing and when do they re-open? Details of road closures will be available nearer the time of the event.