Community Ambassador Programme 2020
Would you like to get involved in the biggest running event on your doorstep, and play a huge part in spreading the word? We are looking for like-minded people to join the race team and become our very first Community Ambassadors. If you're a runner, an exercise enthusiast or someone who just loves everything there is about running and want to help your local community – we want YOU! And there's the opportunity to get involved in the event as much or as little as you'd like. Let’s chat!
Each Community Ambassador will receive a whole host of benefits including:
- Free VIP entry to ALL Goldline race events each year; goGIRL (Brighton & Hove), Ikano Bank Robin Hood Marathon Events and of course the Reading Half Marathon.
Discounts and Kit
- We will include you in any discounts, exclusive offers or kit we receive from any partners or sponsors.
- Free VIP Race entry which includes VIP Race T-shirt, VIP Access, Race Photo, Massage, Post-Race Refreshment and Post-Race Food.
- The opportunity to get in involved in the event and to choose where you would like to be involved.
- Pre-launch sneak previews of t-shirts, medals and any important updates and the chance to be part of any media launches.
- Work closely with the Goldline Events team and go behind the scenes to find out how this amazing race happens.
- Give feedback to help make the event even better for yourself and our runners.
- Gain valuable PR and Community Engagement experience.
- Opportunity to develop your own social media and/or blog through our channels and newsletters.
- Meet other runners, running clubs and sporting enthusiasts within the Nottingham community.
- Be a part of large scale sporting events.
- Have a say and give us your feedback to help make the events even bigger and better.
What we really need for you is to be our feet on the ground in Reading, by representing the race and being the ‘face of the Reading Half Marathon'. We’ll give you all the tools you need and involve you so it will feel like you have been part of the team for years.
- You will represent the Reading Half Marathon within the Reading area and community by engaging with local runners, running clubs, gyms, sporting clubs, universities and any other areas that are appropriate.
- You can provide proof of your own existing social media engagement.
- Join running communities and forums to help spread the word of the Reading Half Marathon.
- Regular updates and liaison with the Marketing & Engagement Co-ordinator.
- Help us to identify other events in and around Reading that you feel may benefit from working with us or us with them.
- Be part of a running club and speak to other runners about the events.
- Encourage running clubs to utilise their x 2 free entries and exclusive AAA discounted entry.
- Sign up local runners and individuals to the Reading Half Marathon.
- Seek stories and reasons why individuals are running or wanting to sign up.
- Share stories with the Marketing Team to explore and utilise from a PR perspective.
- Join running communities and online forums to help promote the Reading Half Marathon.
- Share any promotions or competitions that the Reading Half Marathon share by working directly with marketing.